OFFICE ADD-IN DESIGN TOOLKIT
2016 - 2017
Interaction Design | User Experience Design
Design Research | Design Consulting | Wireframing
Design Components: Office UI Fabric
Graphics: Photoshop and Illustrator
Wireframing: PowerPoint, Experience Design
Prototyping: HTML, CSS
I joined the Office Add-In Quality team at Microsoft to help leverage the potential of Office Add-ins and empower developers to create compelling add-ins that complement the Office user.
The Add-in Design Toolkit helps in-house designers deliver uniquely tailored design recommendations to Microsoft partners as well as give UX guidance to the developer community as a whole.
My role requires me to:
- Have a solid understanding of Office API's
- Know the Microsoft's design languages
- Quickly assess add-ins and create design recommendations following strict guidelines
- Work with other designers and developers
- Research and document design patterns
- Contribute in delivering code samples to the developer community
Exhibit A : Script Lab
Script Lab was conceived and developed to offer developers a tool that allows them to experiment with the Office API's within Office itself.
My role involved the interaction and visual design of Script Lab. I was required to spec user flows, wireframes, and generate graphic assets like command icons, branding, and tutorials.
Script Lab is available for free as of April 18 2017 at https://aka.ms/getscriptlab